May 4, 2013

New Domaine Name...






























It is no secret that I love good styling, and when I can get my hands on images of a really cool space, filled with an interesting mix of new and old & lots of texture, I am a happy camper :)


These images are all from the new Domaine website, more specifically the home of Glee star Lea Michelle. The house was decorated by interior designer Estee Stanley (For a list of vendors check out the story here.)


Console tables are a great way to help separate a large space, and a perfect opportunity for a beautiful backdrop to a floating sofa, as above, where the table not only holds two cool lamps, but notice the stools tucked under, for extra seating...

A super easy way to create a sense of  "lived-in" is adding a few timeworn pieces to the interior. Be it pillows fashioned from old fabrics, an antiqued table made to look like the real thing, even hand-me-downs and flea market finds can help make a space feel comfortable and not all "new"...



Don't be afraid of a pop of color, especially if the rest of the home is fairly neutral. What do you think of the ornate satee, with the rough side chairs and Restoration Hardwear wood and iron table?? I'm not a fan of the satee, but the colors and the rest of the tablescape works for me... :)





It may just be me, but while I like the overall mood of this living room, I find that there are one too many chairs in this little space, what do you think?

I urge you to check out Domaine, lots to read and be inspired by. Great interiors (more of Lea's house as well, there had to be a limit... :)  ), recipes and shopping, a blog and How-to section with good insight and ideas.

Domaine is the Home version of Who What Wear, from Katherine  Power & Hillary Kerr. They didn't miss a beat, and I am already a fan!!

Enjoy your weekend!!
Natasha

4 comments:

  1. loved this post natash! domaine is my new fave website! xoxo cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, Sorry it's been a while ;)
      TX for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Your blog Is SOOO AMAZING:) I must ask you what happened to your beautiful cat Snow??? I have two cats myself and I cant imagine my life without them. The male cat meets me by the door everytime I come home haha sooo cute.

    have a great day

    LOVE Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,
      Unfortunately Snow past away last February 2012. He is missed dearly everyday!!
      He died in my arms, in a matter of half an hour, out of nowhere.... The sadest and most difficult thing I have ever had to deal with... EVER!

      Apparently - we now know - that all white Maine Coon cats can have a heart defect, but unless you do a certain test, you would not know... Snow was a rescue cat for us, and we had no idea this could happen! I would love to have another Maine Coon cat, as the breed is so special, playful and cuddly. All my life I have had the run-of-the-mill stray cat kittens as pets, all been great, but Snow was such a personality!! We currently have Maple, also a shelter / rescue cat, and he has been with us for seven or eight years, he is a darling as well, and a Mut :)

      Thank you for your kind words about the Northern Light Blog, hope to see you again!!
      Natasha

      Delete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...