April 25, 2010

{Vacation} House Love

Oh, I wish I was able to visit this fantastic house in Umbria, Italy!



The home is owned by the danish Sander family, and the interiors are done by Karin Sander. The house is facing Lago Trasimeno, and is located close to the Tuscan border.

There are 4 bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, several balconies and terraces, perfect for lazy summer afternoons!



Since I am saving my vacation for later this year, I figured I would share this rustic, beautiful house with you. Just wait to you see the view, you will want to go on vacation here, I promise!!!







How about a marble fireplace in the kitchen / dining room....
The handmade terracotta tiles, here in a herringbone pattern, are through out the house. Living in the tropics, I know how much a stone floor helps keep the house cool in the summer.


The large dining table is made from Italian chestnut and the chandelier is an Italian antique, sourced especially for the house. Notice the beautiful view just beyond the glass doors.




A beautifully carved dark wood door leading in to one of the bathrooms, the dark wood looks fantastic against the light walls. Perhaps a reclaimed door, who knows....





Why not greet friends and family with a lit fireplace? Walk past the double doors and this welcoming interior view will greet you!

Karin Sander has planned this house so well, there are special nooks where ever you look, and wonderful views of the surrounding landscape from every window.



Midnight swim any one?



OK, so I know you are ready to book your ticket. Fly into the airport at Florence, the house is an hour and a half away....

I hope you enjoyed this little house tour!
Natasha

Images of Casa Le Nebbie via Mad og Bolig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...