July 6, 2011

Surf's up...






















Alfresco showers have always been associated with summer fun, and by the looks of these two surfboard versions, I'd have to agree.
The deep saturated colors of the first image makes me want to "jump right in"!



















... it's never been a secret that old boards makes wonderful display items. They lend texture, color and an element of surprise. While a surfboard in a beach house should not really surprise anyone, a board leaning against a wall in a city apartment, that's a different story.






















I have been trying to come up with how this board ended up there? Perhaps it was a gift? Perhaps it's the owners passion? Perhaps this is not a city apartment, but a home in the hills overlooking the coastline somewhere exotic? What is your take on this blue board in he corner??

Natasha

Image #1 & #4 via Life of Style, Image #2 via Ecoluioni, Image #3 via GAP Interiors

3 comments:

  1. I really love the idea of using surfboards as decorative items. You immediately get that tanned-sand-between-your-toes beachy feeling! I am crazy over the surfboard shower! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't they look sensational. My favourite would have to be the first one, that gorgeous teal green, so summery and fresh and looks like the ocean. Wish I had a beach house now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post Natasha... I love the application of surfboards, very, very coastal and oh so quirky!

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...