November 17, 2012

Designer at Home...



... well; Like Mother, Like Daughter is actually what the title probably should be...

Are you familiar with the Danish brand SAND? Turns out that the daughter of Lene Sand, Marie, has returned from London, and now lives in this beautiful new home with her boyfriend. Both are heavily involved with the brand, Maire is in charge of PR and Gerard Ruiz is the International Bran Manager.

Every time I travel home to Denmark, I make sure to visit these stores, and while I love the clothes and the shoes, I am secretly wishing for some Home Accessories as well. While looking at these images I am sure you will agree with me, this family has a great eye for color, scale and drama!




































Speaking of drama, check out that large Water Buffalo Skull, from Rue Verte. You may actually have seen me post on this skull here... I like the glossy Asian console table with the light washed, parquet floors, are they not beautiful??




































This lacquer dining room table is such a strong statement, and could quickly overpower the room, but for me it works, balanced beautifully by all the natural light streaming through the windows... as well as the amazing grey paint colors throughout the home, all of which were custom blended by Marie Sand.




































There is a special story behind this cool cabinet on the right... The cabinet has been finished with Eel skin, leftover from a shoe collection... I can only imagine the how amazing this is, and would have loved a close-up! (On a side note... My favorite pair of boots - considering I live in Florida - are a pair of high gloss eel cowboy boots from SAND. I have had then for many years, and have had them re-soled already :) )





































The slightly darker color in the kitchen is a very warm grey, making the white cabinets and trim work really pop. I have always loved art in the kitchen, and Black & White photography is perfect for here! Rumor has it, that Marie has a love for photo books. After purchasing them, she removes what she loves, frames the images, and voila, instant art!




































Even the terrace has been kept to the strict color pallet... LOVE!

If you would like to see more of this home, you can do so here.
Have a wonderful weekend,

Natasha

All images by Line Klein, via Bo Bedre.

2 comments:

  1. I always buy something from Sand when in Finland! Lovely pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vilket vackert hem. Sand har många vackra kläder.
    Du är välkommen att julhandla tillsammans med mig hos Enkla Ting.
    Kram Anita

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...