February 23, 2010

I spy....

... Purple Rain!



This is my all time, absolute favorite image from my files!!
Not only do I love tulips, but the color!!!! The light, the mood.....



Great texture, beautifully executed.



OK, so how chic is this girl in her purple tights!?
Why let a little snow get in the way of fashion, or a paint job??



Great painted purple ceiling, just try to pull this off, but it totally works here. Black lacquer Asian chairs, fantastic painted floors, great use of a long narrow room!

I know purple is either a hit or miss for may people, I certainly did not grow up with any purple - as far as I can remember - but it is definitely a color that works great with all the cool greys and the beautiful light in Scandinavia.

Just so happens that Amethyst is my birthstone..... who knew?

Natasha

Image #1 via pjb, Image #2 via Elle Decor, Image #3 here, Image #4 unknown - lost in time.

5 comments:

  1. Love this rich shade and that pitcher is amazing! Amethyst is my birthstone too.... maybe that is why I'm drawn to the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha- love your Purple I Spy. Happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dusky light in the top photo + that purple glass is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again- can't see an email to reply to. Would love to connect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this color, I love the girls tights, so cute. I'm having a room painted in a deep plum, very similar to this color!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...