I am totally excited about this recognition, I knew about it last week, but needed to "sit on it" for a few days, so to weigh my selections and not make a total fool of myself when announcing this exciting award.
So here goes:
A huge THANK YOU to Nellie for all the support you have shown me, leaving me some of the earliest comments, cheering me on. I truly appreciate your comments and hope to build on this great blogging friendship!
This award comes with a few strings attached; I am to list 7 things about me not previously blogged on, as well as select 5 other bloggers to pass the Versatile Blogger Award on to.... are you ready?
- To start where Nellie left off... Ironing! I actually like to iron, it must be something to do with the crispness of all things ironed. If you iron your bedding, you know what I am talking about!
- Cooking; not good at cooking for two, but I can cook for 10....
- Black Licorice... The saltier the better! Even receive "The real stuff" sent to me from home (hint, hint)!
- Don't really watch much TV; catch the news, but NEVER reality shows....Tell me why they need writers if it's "reality"?
- Glossy magazines (I
mighthave mentioned this before); nothing better than curling up with a cup of tea, reading a stack of interior and fashion magazines!!
- I am a Gold Medal Winner in women's ice hockey. Played while in college... played co-ed here in the states, that's how I met Mr. Wonderful!
- I tutor design students from time to time. I feel it's important to give back, and students often do not have a lot of money, so I tutor for free.
This blog is from Argentina. Caroline offers up the best Friday images ever, along with clever headlines!
I encourage you to search her blog with the word "Friday", I promise it will be worth your while!!
Kerri from Brisbane, Australia... an artist and designer, her blog keeps me coming back for more! Great selection of images! Oh, and by the way, I love the Driftwood Interior header, very chic!!
An other Aussie.. Louise from Table Tonic rocks! The sheer amount of energy that I get from reading this hip blog is amazing! Louise has such a great eye for colo(u)r, and her witty comments have me on the floor laughing at times. Many of you probably know of her and the Table Tonic store, but if not... check her out!
Helena from Sweden! (sorry, Helena, I was unable to grab your blog header) Trivsamt Hem / Paa Vaar Udde. A healthy dose of Scandinavian chic. Beautiful images, fun writing (if you can read Swedish) and a cool fashion vibe! Helena has a huge following in Sweden, and if you take a look at her blog you will see why! (Helena; thank you for your comments and blog support!)
Coming to you from Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Caitlin is a designer who shares her interiors with us on the Style Files blog. Caitlin is in my opinion the one to look out for; her designs are fresh, cool, crisp, pretty and her eye for detail is impeccable! She is my new design hero!! Along with beautifully photographed interiors (check out her photographer's site here), Caitlin also shares her travels with us....
Are you still with me??
I would like to also mention Reggie Darling, who is a constant "good read"; I aspire to be as well written as he is!
(look to the right, you will find a link to his blog there)
And that's it!
I hope you; Caroline, Kerri, Louise, Helena and Caitlin, will pass on the torch, but remember that you are not obligated to do so. However.... it's in good blogging spirit to "thank the giver", as Nellie said to do ;)
Thank you Nellie!!