July 12, 2010

Not quite Hawaii

Last summer I was fortunate to visit China and Hong Kong. The visit was short, but an experience of a lifetime, and I hope to be able to return someday...

In Hong Kong, on a day of site seeing, we visited the Ngong Ping Plateau and the Po Lin Buddha (Asia's largest seated outdoor Buddha) on Lantau Island. The cable car ride up to the site is unbelievable, with views of the South China Sea, not to be missed!!






















While it was incredibly hot in HK, the weather was cool in the mountains. Half way up the stairs to the Buddha, in the drizzling rain, I spotted this beautiful Hibiscus.

































.... and this image leads me on to why this post is called "Not quite Hawaii".... Well, a few posts back, I shared with you a little ray of sunshine (here), and a quick walk around my neighborhood revealed all these different varieties of Hibiscus. Living in South Florida, these are "nothing special", but coming from the North, these are the one flower that represents the tropics and the Islands of Hawaii (we call them Hawaii Flowers), so here goes:









Hope you enjoyed my little walk as much as I did ;)

Natasha

All images Natasha for Northern Light Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...