July 28, 2010

Neutral kind of day

If you are a regular reader of Northern Light, you would know I like white interiors, with black, and often also a pop of color.... I have assembled a few beautiful images in neutral tones, non of them have any real relation to each other, I just felt they went well together for this post!






















What caught my eye in this first image, besides the pretty wall color, was the Suzani. I think it might just be the only image I have seen of a neutral Suzani, and I really like it!! Very tasteful, and a wonderful way to infuse a bedroom with texture and interest. 






















You have probably seen this image before, I am sure, but I think it is the cutest little nook! The round porthole window is so pretty... The bench cushion, the blanket, even a pair of binoculars for birdwatching, could you not spend a good long afternoon there?






















... So serene ...

I have spent sometime studying this very clean image, and I think nothing has been left to chance. Of course you have to start with good bones (the floor and the vaulted cove), then echo the arch with the demi lune old wooden table, and the round base of the lamp. Continue the natural theme with the linen shade, the carved woodwork to the right and the olive branch in the glass cylinder...






















Heather, Habitually Chic, posted on a few new books coming out for release this fall, and I am looking forward to this one, but I am sure I will have to save up for a few more....

What is your take on the neutral Suzani? And do you think that hallway just happened to work out so great?

Natasha

Image #1 House Beautiful, Image #2 & #3 Hjemmets Gleder, Image #4 HC

1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to the release of Victoria Hagan's book as well! These are great images!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...