January 20, 2011

Soft as a feather.


































I came across this beautiful feather coverlet the other day, and just had to share!
I know the Black Swan movie is all over the place, perhaps that's why this captivated me, who knows?

I have been trying to figure out if it's an old vintage piece (I think it is) or a new(er) fashion piece.... Looks light as a feather on one hand, and heavy, due to the sheer amount of feathers, all at the same time! I try to imagine how many hours it has taken to make this. Is it a prop for the ballet? Wonder who would wear something like this?

It's so outrageous, it would be a shame if it didn't see the light of day!!!

What's the story??

Natasha

Image vie tumblr

5 comments:

  1. I think it's probably old. You can see a bit of the satin lining on the top and those feathers just don't look like something you could find easily today. I wonder if they're goose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I am certain of is that there is ONE cold bird out there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! And I would have to agree that it is Black Swan-ey fabulous! Enjoy the lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! Love Divine's comment!

    I think it's vintage but who knows...quite often they make something to look old and style it to look vintage but i'd say it was made a while ago. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it. So cool...and yes, very reminiscent of Black Swan!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...